How to Get a Job at Amazon?

No wonder you want to apply for Software Development Engineer-I position.
Description says you are Pre-Final Year IIT student. Amazon is most likely going to come to your college. So you don’t have to worry about applying off campus. One big opportunity.
Anyway, coming straight to the point. Following are the points if you do then Amazon is in your bag.
  1. You should be good at Data Structure and Algorithms. I believe you know how to become pro in these fields.
  2. You should have at-least working idea of Operating System Concepts, Database Management Systems, and Computer Networks.
  3. Considering you are well acquainted with Data Science terminologies which will make a great impression on the interviewer(s). But not enough to get you in Amazon. You have to go through above two points anyway.
  4. Keep track of the interviews of folks who had recently given their interviews. Check this out.
  5. Be a story-teller. Prepare a story of your work which you have done during your college life, avoid adding flaunt statements. This will need some Homework. Be genuine throughout the interview process.
  6. Last but not the least, Don’t get upset if you get rejected. Rejection doesn’t mean you were not worthy candidate. Sometimes recruiters plan to hire only few candidates there is nothing one can do.
My personal Experience:
In my Pre-final Year I got rejected right after the first technical round.I had applied for SDE-I Inter Position.
I was nervous. My whole body was shivering like hell. Words were not coming out of mouth, not even in my native language properly. I was upset but never shared the sadness with anyone except with my parents. My father rose to his feet and boosted me up.
Got second chance and you folks are reading my answer. I learned from my mistake. Besides, I am full time SDE-I now. :)

Websites To learn:
1.geeksforgeeks.org (DS and Algo)
2. https://leetcode.com/ ( Coding)

Comments